- Company Name: Railz AI
- Title: Demand Generation Manager
- Employment type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Duration of employment: August 2021 - September 2022
At a glance
- Directed Railz’s demand generation strategy and increased marketing’s contribution to annual recurring revenue (ARR) to 33% (7.2% quarterly increase)
- Managed over multi-six figure paid ads budget (confidential) and increased the customer lifetime value (CLTV)/ customer acquisition cost (CAC) to 3.89
- Increased touchpoints within a customer’s journey, optimized landing pages, and converted engaged contacts through calls-to-actions and thought leadership content, leading to a 45% increase in leads/MQL.
- Increased the sales qualified lead (SQL)/ marketing qualified lead (MQL) ratio by 13% by implementing a data-driven lead scoring and dynamic content recommendation framework based on prospect’s behavior attributes (through Mixpanel) and demographic components
- Designed the user behavior research plan, implemented the event tracking platform, and developed the Rilaz business metrics dashboard in Google Data Studio to evaluate program effectiveness/ROI
- Contributed to the content development for target consumers and increased the organic traffic share to 46% (12% quarterly increase)
- Implemented Rail’z integrated marketing automation engine using HubSpot, SalesForce, SalesLoft, and Mixpanel
- Collaborated with five agencies and three freelancers on specific marketing campaigns and paid advertising efforts
- Discovered new marketing opportunities for the developers’ community by performing market analysis on Github and Reddit developers’ channels
Let me tell you a funny story! My father was a banker in the 90s when I was a kid. Some evenings I spent a couple of hours in the bank doing my homework while my dad and his colleagues were finishing some tasks. I was hearing random words like; loan, account, balance sheet, credit line, deposit, investment, and many other things, which brought millions of questions into my mind. I remember them using floppy disks to store their daily transaction data!
In 2021, I saw fintech in every corner of the finance industry, aiming to improve efficiency and provide a seamless digital experience to support hundreds of companies looking for innovative, easy-to-use, and flexible financial solutions and tools. There is a revolution in the finance industry led by fintech, and that was truly exciting for me to work with a fintech company. Therefore, I joined Railz to direct its demand generation and support its mission to build the largest financial data network. Working with Railz was an incredible opportunity for me to dive deep into marketing data analysis and build a robust data-driven marketing strategy. With the support of the engineering team at Railz, I implement an in-house user behavior analysis framework that enriches prospects' properties, predicts buying intent by analyzing leads' behavioral history, and derives product development insights through various clustering analyses. I designed the user behavior research plan, implemented the event tracking platform, and developed the Rilaz business metrics dashboard using multiple APIs and data sources.
- Insights into Supporting 2 Different Buyer Personas on One Website | Interview with Mohammad Reza Nabizadeh from Railz
- The End of the Credit Score?
- Fintech Company Provides Access to Normalized Financial Data; Interview with Sohaib Zahid Co-Founder and CEO at Railz.ai
- Whitepaper: Driving Value from Open Banking
- Railz to Unveil Visualization Tools for SMB Lenders at LendIt Fintech 2022
- Railz Appoints Fintech Veteran as Chief Operating Officer to Help Accelerate Company Growth and Expansion
- Canadian Rocketships: Accelerate your career in the Tech Industry
- 14 Canadian startups with plenty of job openings this May
- Breakout Session: Working at Railz
- Accounting APIs Help Lenders Create Constant Flow of Data on SMBs to Gauge Their Needs
- M&T Bank's inaugural Innovation Expo highlighted Railz's CTO, Derek J. Manuge
- Data-Driven Leaders: Why Data Quality Is Essential in Data Management, Interview with Derek Manuge
- 10 Tech Companies Selected for 12th Annual FinTech Innovation Lab New York, Run by Accenture and Partnership Fund for New York City
- The recent growth of the fintech sector in Canada
- Connect. Collect. Normalize. Analyze. An interview with the people from Railz AI
- Vestigo Ventures Closes Oversubscribed Fund II with $117.3 Million
- Fintech Founders, Sohaib Zahid, Founder & CEO of Railz.ai
- Scrypt’s Partnership with Railz Benefits Customers From Day One
- Around the Coin: Episode 312: Sohaib Zahid, CEO of Railz
- Fundsquire partners with Railz to offer an integrated, quicker, and transparent funding platform
- 2021 VC Trends
- How data underlies innovative financial and wealth technologies
- How Small Business Data Impacts Insurance Underwriting and Quoting
- 14 tech startups with plenty of job openings this December
- Embedded Lending — Our Thesis on SMB Lending, Enabling Infrastructure, and the Opportunity to Unlock Access to Capital
- Mapping Canada’s maturing fintech market
- How you can support your small business’ employee financial wellness
- How CFOs can use fast access to financial data to instill trust in their companies
- Financial Data Exchange (FDX) Adds 26 New Members
- Quick and Easy Marketing Strategies for Your Early-Stage Fintech Startup
- How your financial institution can leverage small business financial data to offer better support
- 3 Ways Access To Financial Data Improves Value For Your Customers
- FDX Panel: Data
- Ep. 54: Small Business’ New Data Story Starts With Normalized Accounting Data
- Community Banks and SMBs
- Powerlytics and Railz Partner to Help Banks Deepen Insights into SMB Customers
- FinovateFall 2021 Demo/ Railz
- Welcome to FTT Embedded Finance North America 2022
- Open Sesame with Open Banking
- 25 in 5 with the FinovateFall 2021 Demoers / Railz."
- Constellation Research Announces Winners of The Pitch 2021"
- NewTech Friday: Railz – enhancing the lending process with accounting data"
The Financial Experience Podcast for Banks, Credit Unions, and Fintech - Small Business' New Data Story Starts With Normalized Accounting Data
Small businesses everywhere have struggled long enough with disjointed data streams that come from multiple different systems. To make the data "talk back" and tell the story of your business, the accounting data needs to be normalized via modern APIs.