- Company Name: Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG)
- Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Employment type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Duration of employment: February 2018 - September 2019
At a glance
- Directed product marketing strategy and contributed $4M to Huawei Music Mobile App’s ARR target
- Managed over $0.4M/yr marketing budget and a product marketing team of 5
- Designed the customer lifecycle and segmentation strategies and reached 600,000 MAU (160% improvement)
- Successfully launched the Publishers Partnership Management (PPM) program and developed a new revenue distribution model based on user engagement indicators, resulting in content growth by %275 (+80,000 music tracks added by the end of the program and a 30% increase in market share)
- Led the development and integration of two new payment gateways, Mobile Payment Gateway (MPG) and Carrier Billing Gateway (CBG), resulting in an 18% increase in profit margin.
- Executed +30 GTM and launch campaigns, including a UGC campaign that targeted +14M MTN carrier users (1500 UGC).
I joined one of Huawei's three primary business units, Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG), which became the world's third-biggest smartphone maker in 2015. I joined the Huawei CBG cloud operations department to lead GTM and product marketing strategies for Huawei Music mobile app. Working with Huawei was elemental to my exponential growth in marketing since I had to wear multiple hats, communicate with multiple team members across the globe, and lead a B2B/B2C marketing strategy. One of my most outstanding achievements at Huawei was implementing a new revenue distribution and monetization model for publishers. The new data-driven model distributes the revenue based on multiple user interactions with the content and measures users’ “stickiness” and “involvement” with the music track. Besides, I was awarded “Monthly Excellent Star 2018”.